Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a borrowing privilege for Winding Rivers Library System (WRLS) library card holders. This service allows customers to borrow materials or copies of articles that are not available through our regular library catalog. La Crosse Public Library offers ILL service through WISCAT and OCLC. Requests can be made by patrons, or by staff. When requesting items via ILL:
- You may not request any materials that are owned by a WRLS library.
- Items take 1-6 weeks to arrive, but could take longer.
- Your ILL can be sent to the La Crosse Public Main, North or South libraries. If you need it sent to another WRLS library, that library will need to place the ILL for you.
- We cannot request materials that have been in publication for less than 6 months for books, and 12 months for DVDs and CDs.
- Due to local demand for DVDs, we do not loan or borrow these materials, except from libraries in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- The lending library determines the loan period for all interlibrary loan materials. We won't know the loan period until we receive the book.
- To renew an item, contact the ILL Department at 608.789.7166 or email at least 2-3 business days before the item is due. Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library.
- You will not be able to pick up ILL materials if your fines are $10.00 or more, or if you have overdue ILL materials.
- We are unable to request textbooks.
- Check the WRLS catalog.
- If you cannot find what you are looking for, search WISCAT.
- In WISCAT submit your ILL request. The more information you include, the easier it will be to find exactly what you want. We need contact information. It's best to have a Reference Staff member create a WISCAT account for you.
If you are still unable to find what you are looking for, try Worldcat or call the Reference Desk at 608.789.7122.