Are you looking for employment opportunities at the library?
The library is an invaluable resource for job seekers, offering services and materials, most of them free.
- Free Internet access with flexible policies, for filling out applications, looking for jobs, testing, and composing and printing resumes (10-25 cents for each copy).
- Self-service fax machine. (1.75 for first page/1.00 for subsequent pages)
- Copier/scanner. Scan to email or flash drive.
- Loan or sale of flash drives, for saving resumes or applications.
- Floppy disk adapters, for those whose last resume was done on a 3 1/2" disk.
- Regularly scheduled computer classes covering Windows basics, Office 2010, and Internet basics.
- Newspaper classifieds.
- Books on how to write resumes and cover letters, and how to jump-start a job search.
- Vocational exploration materials, with information on education, experience, salary, and employment outlook.