Battle of the Books 2015-2016 - Here is a printable list of the elementary division books. And here is the printable and downloadable middle school list. Copies of all Battle Books are available at all three La Crosse Public Library locations. Click here for lists for middle and senior divisions.
Pinterest - Youth Services has started a pinterest page! Take a look to discover reading suggestions, crafty ideas, the apps we use in the library, and more great stuff.
Local Organizations Serving Youth
- Boys and Girls Club: a safe place for youth from all backgrounds to learn and grow, with special concern for those from challenging circumstances. They provide activities in the areas of education and career development, the arts, health and life skills, and character and leadership development, as well as playing and having fun with friends!
- Children's Museum of La Crosse: three floors of hands on exhibits as well as kids programming. The Museum has a date night deal that is almost too good to believe (check out their website for more info!).
- Coulee Parenting Connection: free local magazine with an online calendar of family fun events
- Family and Children's Center: Offers services to children, families, and individuals to strengthen families and promote individual well-being
- La Crosse Parks and Recreation: Classes, programs and kids clubs that appeal to many different interests and age levels. Some highlights are: Variety of Youth Sports, Kids Clubs (Art/Cheer Camp/Mini Chefs), Baby Parent Bonding Yoga
- Neighborhood Associations: Washburn Neighborhood Association, Grandview-Emerson Neighborhood Association, Logan-Northside Neighborhood Association, Holy Trinity-Longfellow Neighborhood Association
- The Parenting Place: local centers to help people who care for young children! Their goal is to prepare, strengthen, and support parents and caregivers by creating greater understanding of the impact they have on the lives of children in their care. They have: Workshops, programs and classes, many of them free, with provided child care, Free book/toy/resource lending library, Free custom child care referrals covering many area counties
- University of Wisconsin La Crosse Planetarium: cheap planetarium shows about the evening sky and other astronomical subjects and exciting light/laser shows set to rock music. Check the website for the schedule.
- YMCA: Too many resources and programs to list here, some highlights are: School Age before and after care on school days, summer "camps, child watch while adults exercise, FREE Community Teen Center is a safe, drug free drop in center for teens from 8th-12th grades.