WISCAT, WOrldCAT & MOre
What is Interlibrary loan?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a borrowing privilege available to all Winding Rivers Library System library card holders. This service allows customers to borrow materials or copies of articles that are not available through our regular library catalog. La Crosse Public Library offers interlibrary loan service through WISCAT.
Things to remember:
When requesting items via Interlibrary loan, please note the following:
- You may not request any materials that are available via the library catalog.
- Items take about 1-6 weeks to arrive. However it may take longer depending on the demand and/or the rarity of the item.
- Your Interlibrary Loan can be sent to either the Main Library, the North Community library or the South Community library. If you need it sent to another WRLS library, they will need to place the ILL for you.
- We cannot request materials that have been in publication for less than 3 months.
- The lending library determines the loan period for all interlibrary loan materials. We won't know the loan period until we receive the book.
- If you would like to renew an Interlibrary Loan item, please contact the Interlibrary Loan Department at (608) 789-7166 or email at least 2-3 business days before the item is due. Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library.
- Please remember that if you have a $10.00 fine or overdue ILL materials you will not be able to pick up any new requests that have come in for you.
- Additional Information: Frequently Asked Questions about ILL
Let's get started
- If you already haven't checked the library catalog, please do.
- If you cannot find what you are looking for, then search WISCAT
- While in WISCAT submit your ILL request. The more information you include, the easier it will be to find exactly what you want. Include the contact point that you check most often (phone or email). We do encourage you to create an account for submitting your ILL request. Once an account is created it will save you time filling out. Reference staff are willing to help you.
If you are still unable to find what you are looking for, try Worldcat or call the Reference Desk at (608) 789-7122.