Interlibrary Loan FAQ
Library Card Questions
Select your question and the answer will load below the list.
- How do I request an Interlibrary Loan?
- What kinds of materials can be borrowed through ILL?
- What kinds of materials cannot be borrowed?
- What if the item is really new?
- What if I no longer need an item I requested?
- How long will it take to receive my ILL request?
- How will I know when my materials arrive?
- What is the check-out period of ILL materials?
- What if I’m not finished with an item by its due date?
- What happens if I can’t get my items back by the due date? How much will the fines be?
- Why can’t you get what I’ve requested?
- How many ILLs can I make/have per day/in total, etc?
- Where do I pick up the item?
- If I know which library has what I want, will that speed up my request?
- I noticed that Murphy Library at UWL has what I want. Can I just go get it myself?
- What if I lose my ILL material?
- Should I leave the yellow slip in the material?
- Who may use the interlibrary loan service?