All three La Crosse Public Library locations will be closed on Thursday, November 22 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
We'll be open our regular hours on Wednesday, November 21 and Friday, November 23.
You are here
Ask a Librarian Chat Service
LibraryH3lp is our chat/IM reference service that allows you to talk with one of our Adult Services/Reference Librarians during all hours that Main is open.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using our chat service:
- If we don't answer right away, it is because we are helping others in the library and on the phone. We thank you for your patience, but do our best to get to you in less than a minute.
- This service is best for quick questions and not the best resource for detailed research help. We may refer you to other departments for assistance
- LibraryH3lp is staffed by adult services librarians. If you have a question about your library card or questions about your account, please call the Check-out desk at 608-789-7109.
- If you are looking for help with youth or teen materials and services, you'll get expert help by calling the Youth Services Desk 608-789-7128.
- For genealogy or local history questions, our staff in Archives are ready to help at 608-789-7136.
- We appreciate that you stay with your question until we can answer it. Because there are eight staff who respond to LibraryH3lp, you'll find it a more satisfying experience if you don't stretch your session out over several hours.
- We can email the transcript to you if you request it.
- As with our in-person reference service, if someone using chat becomes insulting, abusive, or inappropriate, we will terminate the session.