All three La Crosse Public Library locations will be closed on Thursday, November 22 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
We'll be open our regular hours on Wednesday, November 21 and Friday, November 23.
You are here
Interlibrary Loan quick form (if you don't have a WISCAT account)
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a borrowing privilege for Winding Rivers Library System (WRLS) library card holders. This service allows customers to borrow materials or copies of articles that are not available through our library catalog or online resources. La Crosse Public Library offers ILL service through WISCAT and OCLC. Requests can be made by patrons or by staff. When requesting materials through ILL:
- You may not request any materials that are owned by a WRLS library.
- Individuals are limited to five requests per day.
- Items take 1-6 weeks to arrive, but could take longer.
- Your ILL can be sent to the La Crosse Public Main, North or South libraries. If you need it sent to another WRLS library, that library will need to place the ILL for you.
- We cannot request materials that have been in publication for less than 6 months for books, and 12 months for DVDs and CDs.
- Overdue fines are assessed on ILL materials at the same rate as other overdue materials.
- Due to local demand for DVDs, we do not loan or borrow these materials, except from libraries in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- The lending library determines the loan period for all interlibrary loan materials. We won't know the loan period until we receive the book.
- To renew an item, contact the ILL Department at 608.789.7166 or email email@example.com at least 2-3 business days before the item is due. Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library.
- You will not be able to pick up ILL materials if your fines are $10.00 or more, or if you have overdue ILL materials.
- The cost of replacing any damaged or lost ILL item is determined by the lending library, and will be charged by the borrower.
- We are unable to request textbooks. A textbook is any item that costs more than $50 in Amazon.com's textbook store. Why? We have not had a great experience with borrowing textbooks--an unusual number of those we've borrowed in the past have either been kept far beyond the due date, or never returned. This jeopardizes our ability to borrow from other libraries. Textbooks are also high-demand items and difficult to obtain.
- Check the WRLS Catalog to make sure we don't already have the item. (We cannot borrow items by ILL if we own something).
- If you cannot find what you are looking for, you can search WISCAT. Or, we'll do the request for you, but first we need some information.
- In WISCAT submit your ILL request. The more information you include, the easier it will be to find exactly what you want. Your contact information (phone or email) is mandatory.
- Or you can call the Reference Desk at 608-789-7122 for assistance.
Reviewed and reapproved by the Board of Trustees, February 11, 2016