You are here
Thank you for choosing the meeting facilities at La Crosse Public LIbraries. The meeting rooms are available to organizations that wish to promote an open forum for knowledge, ideas, and cultural enrichment.
Meeting room requests should be made online by going to our website at lacrosselibrary.org Due to demand, reservations are only accepted six months in advance.
After reading the below guidelines, room reservation is self-service.
Meeting Room Regulations
- The public meeting rooms are not available for fundraising or for-profit activities; purely social functions (e.g., receptions, birthday parties, showers, etc.), or activities that, by their nature are or could be disruptive to normal library operations (e.g., loud rallies or ceremonies). Noise resulting from public use of meeting rooms must fall within levels that are acceptable and consistent with normal library operations.
- No sales are allowed on library property.
- Meeting rooms are primarily designated for La Crosse Public Library programs and use. When not in use by the Library, meeting rooms can be used for a rental fee by community groups and organizations.
- The Library may cancel confirmed reservations to accommodate La Crosse Public Library-sponsored activities. Library staff will notify meeting room users in the event of the cancellations.
- The Library reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether or not that use falls within La Crosse Public Library meeting room guidelines. Use of the premises may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group, or any members of the group, conduct themselves in a way that is disruptive to library service or abusive of individuals, materials, exhibits or furnishings.
- General courtesy and safety are expected. Individuals responsible for the meeting must ensure that all attendees know where the fire exits are located.
- All three library buildings and campuses are smoke-free, and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any building.
- Library staff or representatives may enter any of the rented premises at any time.
- Animals, with the exception of registered service animals, may not be brought onto library premises, unless part of a library-sponsored program.
- It is the responsbility of the user organization to comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA), including offering an interpreter, if requested.
Library meeting rooms are available for public use as indicated below. They are available on a first-come basis. When scheduling, keep in mind that rooms are NOT available prior to library opening time, including set-up time.
Rooms may be scheduled at MAIN:
|Monday - Thursday||9 am - 7:45 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 5:45 pm|
|Saturday (Trustees Room Only)||9 am - 4:45 pm|
|Sunday (Trustees Room Only)||1 pm - 4:45 pm|
Rooms may be scheduled at NORTH:
|Monday||9 am - 12:45 pm|
|Tuesday - Friday||2 pm - 5:45 pm|
|Saturday||12 pm - 3:45 pm|
Rooms may be scheduled at SOUTH:
|Monday/Tuesday & Thursday/Friday||2 pm - 5:45 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am - 12:45 pm|
|Saturday||12 pm - 3:45 pm|