Together, We're Better
In cooperation with numerous other community groups, the Library is able to offer enhanced programs and services. Listed below are some of our key partnerships. We're grateful for these, and countless other relationships that make us more than what we could be on our own.
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). AARP volunteers provide free tax preparation help for seniors and low-income taxpayers every year at Main.
- County of La Crosse. We serve as the County Law Library and receive financial support from the County for the Law collection.
- Dynamic Recycling. We've partnered with Dynamic Recycling to create an appointment-only e-recycling program for select items. Click through for details.
- Hunger Task Force of La Crosse. We provide a place for the Task Force to distribute free produce during summer months.
- Irishfest La Crosse. Every year we help staff the genealogy venue at Irishfest, helping attendees get back to their roots.
- La Crosse Area Genealogical Society. We receive support, in volunteer hours and monetary donations, from LAGS.
- La Crosse Community Foundation. The Foundation provides support for our Nonprofit Resource Center that helps you find grants and other funding for your nonprofit organization. We have also received grants from the Foundation.
- La Crosse Earth Fair. We are a Silver Sponsor of this annual educational event.
- La Crosse Storytelling Festival. We are a major sponsor of this annual family event.
- Myrick Hixon EcoPark. We provide a collection of books on nature and sustainability at the main EcoPark building.
- Pump House Regional Arts Center. We collaborate on a juried program, Mark My Words, that connects artists and poets.
- School District of La Crosse. We work with the district to fund buses to bring in children for an introduction to the library, and collaborate on programming, literacy, and collections initiatives.
- Stepping Stones Children's Advocacy Center. Our 2013 Give a Gift Fundraiser highlighted books of interest to those who work with and care for at-risk youth.
- Wisconsin Job Center of La Crosse. We support Job Center training efforts and both agencies do cross-referral for services and assistance.