Did you know you can receive text notices from the library? Sign up for the new Shoutbomb text messaging service to receive notices when your reserved library materials are ready. Get friendly reminders when your materials are due (or overdue). You can even renew your library materials via text message! It's easy to get started.
What You Need to Get Text Notifications
- A text messaging-capable mobile phone
- Subscription to a text messaging service on your cell phone (Check with your carrier regarding your cellular service plan)
- The 14 digit barcode number on your library card
- The PIN for your WRLSWEB library account. (Default PIN is usually the last 4 digits of the phone number your library has on file)
We do not charge a fee for this service, but your cell phone plan's standard text-messaging rates apply.
You can use the same phone to manage multiple library accounts/cards.
You can sign up for the Shoutbomb text messaging service online or by using your phone.
Sign Up Using Your Phone
- Text the word SIGNUP to (608) 313-5911. (Optional: Add this number to your mobile contact list and name it "LPL SMS")
- Reply to the messages from Shoutbomb with your library card number and PIN
- Once your Shoutbomb registration has been completed, you will automatically get text notices about items available to pick up, items that are due soon, overdue items and fines. A text will be sent only when activity on your account triggers a message.
To sign up online, please visit the Winding Rivers Library Services website.
If you need assistance, just ask a librarian or call our Patron Services line at (608) 789-7167 for assistance. If you are already using the Shoutbomb text messaging service and need to report an issue or provide a comment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.