Adopted by the Board of Trustees 5.18.09
The Library is a public place. Library staff is very concerned for the safety of all children who use the library. However, staff duties do not include child care or child supervision. The responsibility for children’s safety and behavior rests with parents and responsible caregivers.
Please review the following guidelines to insure a positive library experience:
- For their comfort and safety, children under age 8 must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a responsible adult .
- Library staff reserves the right to limit Internet use by any adult whose children are inadequately supervised.
- Library staff reserves the right to inform children their behavior is unsafe or disruptive to others. Children who do not comply may be asked to leave the library.
- Any child who feels unsafe in the library for any reason should inform a library staff member.
- If children are left alone in the library at closing time, library staff will contact a parent or guardian. If no responsible adult can be reached, staff will contact the local police department.
- Children’s use of all library materials, including the Internet, is the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Reviewed and reaffirmed by the Board of Trustees, 1.13.11