You are here
The Library offers several ways to connect you with just the right book, music, or movie.
- NoveList is a powerful online tool to help you figure out what to read next.
- Themed fiction and non-fiction book displays at all three locations.
- Book Clubs and movie nights for those who like to dig deeper and share insights. (Check our calendar for upcoming programs.)
- Assistance for those new to ebooks and downloadable media. Call or email the Reference Desk to make an appointment (608-789-7122)
- We have staff who are monster consumers of media and who love to share what they're reading, watching, or listening to. Call or email the Reference Desk for suggestions or chat up circ desk staff at any location for the scoop on what's good.
- Youth Services Librarians can assist you in picking out the right book for the child or teen in your life.
- Are you on Goodreads? Join us there for online book discussions and staff recommendations.
- BookPage, a monthly publication distributed free at all three locations.
- Book Kits, each with 8-15 copies of the book, discussion questions, author information and read-alikes. Search the catalog for "book kit" or browse this annotated list.
The library offers free home delivery to any person who is temporarily or permanently unable to come to the library because of illness, disability, or other factors, and lives within the city of La Crosse.
Volunteers will select library materials based on your reading interests and deliver them to your home at a prearranged time. When you are finished with the materials, the volunteer will pick up and return your materials.
If this service may benefit you or someone you know, call Heather Miller at the La Crosse Public Library, 608-789-7125.
Be part of the La Crosse Public Library’s volunteer team and share your people skills as well as your love of reading. Each volunteer averages three hours per month, per client. You will receive staff support and training.
We want to know what new materials you'd like to see added to the collection.