The La Crosse County Health Department will be offering free COVID vaccinations on Wednesdays from 1-4pm throughout the month of August in the La Crosse Public Library Main St. Auditorium. The Pfizer vaccine will be given to those aged 12-17, which will require two doses. A parent or guardian will need to be present. Consultation is also available. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be provided for all others 18 and over.
For a full list of vaccination sites in the Coulee Region, please see: La Crosse County Health Department: https://lacrossecounty.org/covid19/vaccines
For addtional vaccine information, please see: Wisconsin DHS COVID-19: Vaccine Information: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine.htm
Bill Pay / Energy Assistance
- The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford broadband internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wisconsin officials have launched an “emergency internet” tool to help people find free broadband service during the coronavirus health emergency.
- ADRC of La Crosse County Senior Nutrition Program: https://www.lacrossecounty.org/adrc/meals.asp
- Wafer Food Pantry: https://waferlacrosse.org/covid-19/
- Resilient and Trauma-Informed Community (RTIC): Learning Together During COVID-19
- "Steady Heads Open Hearts" a collection of Mental Health and Mindfulness resources from the La Crosse Family YMCA
- Frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 Coronavirus and Wisconsin Unemployment Benefits: https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/covid19/public/ui.htm
- To apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits: https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/ui/
- To contact the La Crosse Job Center directly, call: 608-789-5627
Ways to Help
- Consider donating to the La Crosse Area Emergency Response Fund to support our community: https://www.laxcommfoundation.com/la-crosse-area-emergency-response-fund/
- Coulee Region COVID-19 volunteer opportunities: https://www.ugetconnected.org/need/
For further help locating resources and seeking basic needs assistance, call our LPL Adult Services Department (608) 789-7122, or dial 211 to get connected to an information specialist.
COVID-19 INFORMATION & RESOURCES
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Wisconsin COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Wisconsin Health Connect
Wisconsin Hospital Association Information Center
La Crosse County Health Department
City of La Crosse