We know how much our community values lifelong learning, book clubs, and special library events. While we may not be able to gather together in person at this time, we’ve come up with some creative ways for you to stay virtually connected and engaged with the La Crosse Public Library!
- COFFEE AND GARDEN CHATS
Join us on Thursday, August 16 at 8:00am as we discuss all things green and growing with Kaitlyn Davis, Agriculture Educator from the La Crosse County UW-Extension.
- PRESERVING THE HARVEST: TOMATOES
Tomatoes - diced, stewed, sauce, and juice, tomatoes can create many shelf stable possibilities. You'll learn how to safely and effectively can tomatoes in the best way that fits your dinner style with UW Madison Division of Extension La Crosse County Human Development and Relationships Educator, Heather Quackenboss on Thursday, August 20 at 7:00PM.
- B.Y.O.B. BRING YOUR OWN BOOK (CLUB)
Join us Thursday, August 27 at 7:00pm for B.Y.O.B. (Club) a new, non-traditional book club for adults. Instead of reading a predetermined title, participants meet online to share what they’re currently reading and pick up new recommended reads. Whether you can’t wait to talk up your new favorite title or just want to listen to the conversation, all are welcome to join! Register via our events calendar or by emailing email@example.com
Check out our YouTube Channel: LPL Connects, where you can find videos on our latest craft programs, book recommendations, technology tips and more!
- Book Talks: Join us for short clips on the books that we love!
- Kat’s Krafty Korner: Join Kathy, our Adult Programming Librarian, for Kat’s Krafty Korner, where you can learn new crafting techniques and create simple projects from the comfort of your home. Each week we’ll feature new videos on Tuesdays and Thursday to help you master your next craft project.
- Simply Delicious Baking: Join us for a showcase of easy recipes that you can make from home.
- Take 5: Reference Tips: Join our Adult Services librarians for Take 5! Give us 5 minutes and we will give you tips to access great library services and digital resources. New content every Wednesday at 8pm
Do you have an idea for a digital library program, book talk suggestion or instructional video? Let us know! Send your requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org