The La Crosse Public Library is partnering with Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc. to offer “Lawyer in the Library,” a free hour-long consultation with an attorney on civil legal matters.*
Lawyer in the Library takes place on the third Thursday of the month from 10am – 2pm at the Main Library (800 Main Street).
If you're interested in learning more or registering for a free appointment: call: 608-789-7122 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Legal Matters*
Legal Action of Wisconsin, Inc. is the state’s largest non-profit law firm providing free civil legal services to Wisconsinites, primarily within the following areas of law:
- Consumer Issues: bankruptcy, debt collection, garnishments
- Employment Barriers: discrimination, expungement of records
- Family law: custody, divorce, child support, restraining orders
- Housing: public housing, evictions, foreclosure, landlord-tenant issues
- Public Benefits: FoodShare, Social Security, Disability Income, BadgerCare and medical assistance
- If your civil legal matter is not on the list above, Legal Action of Wisconsin can still meet with you to discuss your legal matter and refer you to other agencies when appropriate.
- Lawyer in the Library does not help with criminal law questions. For more information on priority practice areas, please see: https://www.legalaction.org/services