The La Crosse Public Library will be hosting a series of meetings from March 18-20 to gather input as we begin planning for the future of public spaces at the South Community Library and the Main Street Library. Please visit lacrosselibrary.org/future for more information on how to get involved and to see the full schedule of public meetings. A community survey will be available online and at the front desk of each of all three La Crosse Public Library locations starting on Wednesday afternoon.
You are here
Ask a Librarian Chat Service
LibraryH3lp is our chat/IM reference service that allows you to talk with one of our Adult Services librarians during all hours that Main is open.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using our chat service:
- If we don't answer right away, it is because we are helping others in the library and on the phone. We thank you for your patience, but do our best to get to you in less than a minute.
- This service is best for quick questions and not for detailed research help.
- LibraryH3lp is staffed by Adult Services librarians.
- We cannot renew your library card via chat or IM. Please call the Circulation Desk at 609-789-7109.
- If you are looking for help with youth or teen materials and services, you'll get expert help by calling the Youth Services Desk 608-789-7128.
- For genealogy or local history questions, our staff in Archives are ready to help at 608-789-7136.
- We appreciate that you stay with your question until we can answer it. Because there are eight staff who respond to LibraryH3lp, you'll find it a more satisfying experience if you don't stretch your session out over several hours.
- We can email the transcript to you if you request it.
- As with our in-person reference service, if someone using chat becomes insulting, abusive, or inappropriate, we will terminate the session.