You are here
2021 AARP Foundation Tax-Aide
AARP Foundation Taxaide and the La Crosse Public Library would like to update the La Crosse community on the upcoming 2021 tax season:
The impacts of COVID-19 continue to bring many changes and challenges. We regret that the in-person tax assistance that has been at the Library for many years will not take place in its current form for the 2021 Tax Season. The National and Local AARP Foundation Taxaide Committees continue to meet to determine the safest way to provide free tax services to our community, especially to our low and moderate income seniors. Currently, AARP plans to conduct 1-2 short 20-30 minute sessions with Taxpayers with mandatory use of masks and social distancing to securely scan tax documents, then taxes will be prepared by volunteers virtually in their homes. Information will be posted here when plans are finalized.
New for 2021:
- This service will no longer be located at the La Crosse Public Library. This year we will meet with Taxpayers in the lobby of the La Crosse Center to allow more room for social distancing.
- Appointments will be scheduled using the AARP on-line scheduling software - more information coming soon!
- You will no longer be able to call and request an appointment - all appointments must be made using the AARP online scheduling software
- Hours, location, and details will be posted here when it becomes available
- These appointments will be dependent on La Crosse County Health Department COVID guidelines
This Tax-Aide Site is made possible thanks to the dedicated volunteers from AARP Foundation and the staff of the La Crosse Center.
Tax Forms, Online Filing, and Where is My Refund?
All three La Crosse libraries receive a limited number of paper Federal and Wisconsin tax forms. Tax forms, including previous years, are available to print from the following websites:
- IRS (Federal) Tax Forms & Publications
- Wisconsin Tax Forms
- Minnesota Tax Forms
- Tax Forms for Other States
Online Filing (e-file)
Library staff cannot recommend particular online filing services, type or fill out forms, or offer tax advice.
Where's My Refund?
Tax Forms by Mail or Phone
You can order many federal tax forms and publications at the IRS website. Or you may request tax forms by calling 800-829-3676 or write to the following address: Internal Revenue Service, 1201 N. Mitsubishi Motorway, Bloomington, IL 61705-6613. You should receive a response within 10 days after your request is received.
You can request forms by writing to: Wisconsin Department of Revenue, 2135 Rimrock Road, Mail Stop 5-77, PO Box 8949, Madison, WI 53708-8949. You can also call 608-266-1961.