Please take note of the following service modifications beginning Thursday, June 25 at the La Crosse Public Library:
Per instructions from the City of La Crosse, all City of La Crosse staff and visitors are now required to wear a mask or cloth face-covering that covers their mouth and nose when inside a City of La Crosse building.
- Modifications to Pickup/Curbside/Dropbox Service
In an effort to expedite the holds process, the following changes will be implemented:
Main Library Pickup
- Patrons requesting materials will receive electronic or phone notification that their items are available. Patrons will no longer be required to schedule a pickup time at the Main library
- Once a patron receives their hold notification, they can come to the Main St. Library to pick up their items during our current hours: Mon-Tue; Thu-Fri: 10am - 6pm; Sat: 1 - 5pm.
- Patrons should enter the vestibule on the South (parking lot) side of the building and give their name, library card or ID to staff who will retrieve their holds and check them out
- Patrons that still need curbside delivery can contact 608.789.7167 to request curbside assistance.
Main Library Returns
- The drop box outside the South entrance will be open 24 hours a day for patrons to return materials at their convenience.
- Items returned will be placed in quarantine for 72 hours as recommended by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, which oversees libraries in the state.
Community Library Curbside Service
Patrons who wish to pick up materials at either our North or South Community Library locations may call 608.789.7167 to schedule curbside pick-up during the following times:
- North Community Library: Thursdays 11am - 12pm
- South Community Library: Thursdays 1 - 2pm
- Computer/Fax/Printing Services
- The Main library is open to the public for scheduled access to computer, printing and fax services, Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday from 10am-1pm and 3pm-6pm, Saturday 1-5pm, and closed Wednesday and Sunday.
- This access is by appointment only. Patrons can make those appointments by calling 608.789.7122 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patrons are required to wear a face-covering and are encouraged to stay home if they are ill or experiencing COVID symptoms.
- Virtual Services
- Wi-Fi at all three locations will still be available from 5:00 AM to 11:00 PM. There is no password, just accept terms and conditions.
- Patrons with reference questions can call 608-789-7122 or email email@example.com Monday-Tuesday and Thursday-Friday from 10am-1pm and 3pm-6pm, Saturday 1-5pm, and closed Wednesday and Sunday.
- The Archives department will be answering inquiries via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Youth Services will be answering questions via email at email@example.com.
- Online programs for children, adults and teens can be found on our Facebook page and our event calendar.