You are here
Those who are unable to come to the library because of physical limitations can still enjoy library services. Volunteers will select library materials based on your reading interests and deliver them to your home at a prearranged time. When you are finished with the materials, the volunteer will pick up and return your materials. If this service may benefit you or someone you know, call Heather Miller at the La Crosse Public Library, 608-789-7125.
Services to Patrons who have difficulty with reading
Those who are unable to read due to physical impairment can get direct service from the Wisconsin Talking Book and Braille Library.
Our website features Browsealoud software, which makes our website accessible with speech and reading tools.
Help During your Library Visit
- Automatic entry and restroom doors at Main
- A collection of fiction and non-fiction large-print books at all locations
- Wheelchairs and walkers available at Main, North, and South
- ZoomText screen magnifier and screen reader at Main
- Hearing Loop in the Auditorium at Main to improve listening experience
- An assortment of magnifiers available at the Reference Desk at Main, and at North and South locations
- Need help retrieving items from a shelf? Staff will be happy to help you.
- An elevator at Main
- An accessible website
- Reading glasses at Main to borrow during your visit