Library Social Media Policy
The La Crosse Public Library welcomes patron participation and comments on the La Crosse Public Library’s social media and in our online forums. All LPL online sites are governed by general rules of respectful civil discourse. Individual patrons are fully responsible for everything that they post.
The La Crosse Public Library does not discriminate against any views. However, we reserve the right to remove content that violates the below rules, without consent. We do not verify the identity of participants.
- The Library will remove:
- Off topic contributions
- Content that contains obscenity, nudity, defamation or hate speech (Speech that targets people or groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or any other protected status).
- Content that threatens to harm individuals, groups, or organizations
- Spam and content that promotes services or products, or that involves political campaigning or lobbying.
- Comments that give the appearance of legal, medical or financial advice.
- The Library may remove
- Content that contains personal information (whether your own or someone else's), including home address, home or cell phone number, or personal e-mail address, in order to protect privacy.
- Gratuitous links to sites.
- Repeat submissions of the same (or very similar) contributions will be viewed as spam and may result in the content being removed.
- The Library will only post content from participants over 13 years of age.
- Communications made through social media posts, e-mail, webinars, and messaging systems will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the La Crosse Public Library or any official or employee of the Library for any purpose.
- All user-generated content is released into the public domain unless the participant clearly states otherwise,
- Users who do not comply with these standards of conduct may be blocked.
Disclaimer for links posted on our Website or Social Media
External links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the La Crosse Public Library of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The La Crosse Public Library bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Reviewed and approved by Library Board, November 2021