Local and Independent Authors Collection Policy
To showcase and support our many area authors, the La Crosse Public Library has established the Creator’s Corner. This collection highlights recent works by authors and illustrators currently living in the seven Wisconsin counties served by the Winding Rivers Library System, and the neighboring Minnesota counties of Houston and Winona.
We sincerely appreciate local authors/musicians who are willing to support the library by donating their works to be shared with the community. The Creator’s Corner Collection is comprised of donated materials only. The La Crosse Public Library does not purchase unsolicited materials.
What we will accept:
- A single copy of donated items. Any additional copies will be offered to our Friends of the Library.
- Print materials bound with binding strong enough to withstand multiple checkouts.
Each contributed item must be accompanied by a completed Submission Form.
We will not accept:
- Loose pages, stapled or clipped pages, ring or fastener-type bindings will not be accepted.
- Self-Published Family Histories.
- Text Books.
- Self-Published E-books.
- Cassettes, DVDs, CDs.
What you can expect:
- Your work will be cataloged, making it available to the patrons of the Winding Rivers Library System.
- Your work will be included in the Creator’s Corner section at the Main location. The collection will be shelved alphabetically by author.
- Occasionally, the Library may use your work in displays at the library.
- Materials shelved in Creator’s Corner will be reviewed yearly, or as needed. Materials may be removed at any time for low circulation, condition, or space needs. Withdrawn materials will not be returned to contributors.
- Items submitted which are not added to the collection will not be returned.
Materials contributed to this collection become the property of the library. The La Crosse Public Library reserves the right to refuse any title, or remove any title without notice, at any time, for any reason. Due to the prioritization of high demand materials, it is possible that materials added to this collection may take several months to become available for checkout.
Reviewed and reaffirmed by the Board of Trustees, 8/8/2023