Thank you for choosing the meeting facility at our library locations. The meeting rooms are available to organizations that wish to promote an open forum for knowledge, ideas, and cultural enrichment.
Meeting room requests should be made online by going to our website at www.lacrosselibrary.org.
Due to demand, reservations are not accepted MORE THAN six months in advance.
The library meeting rooms are available for public use during open hours until 15 minutes prior to closing. They are available on a first-come basis. Please note that rooms are not available prior to the library opening time. Keep this in mind when scheduling if you need setup time prior to the start of your event.
Meeting Room Regulations
- Meeting rooms are primarily designed for La Crosse Public Library programs and use. When not in use by the library, meeting rooms can be used for a rental fee by community groups and organizations.
- The library may cancel confirmed reservations to accommodate La Crosse Public Library sponsored activities. Library staff will notify meeting room users in the event of cancellation.
- The library retains the right to monitor all meetings, programs and events conducted on the premises to ensure compliance with library regulations.
- Library staff will have free access to rooms at all times.
- The public meeting rooms are not available for: o Fundraising or for-profit activities.
- Purely social functions (e.g. receptions, birthday parties, showers, etc.) *because of its proximity to a neighborhood park, and the ongoing interest in evolving more towards a community center service model, the meeting room at South Community Library is exempt from this exclusion if being used by a city-recognized neighborhood association.
- Activities that by their nature are or could be disruptive to normal library operations (e.g. loud rallies or ceremonies). Noise resulting from public use of meeting rooms must fall within levels that are acceptable and consistent with normal library operations.
- Library sponsored sales are allowed on library property.
- Only library and library-sponsored events appear in the public view on the La Crosse Public Library’s events calendar. The library does not promote non-library events/programs on the website or events calendar.
- Library staff may not be able to answer questions about reservations for non-library events/programs taking place at the library.
- In the event of a library closure, the reservation will be canceled.
- The library reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether or not that use falls within the La Crosse Public Library meeting room guidelines. Use of the premises may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group, or any member of the group, is disruptive to library service, abusive or dangerous to the building, library materials, exhibits, furnishings or individuals in the building.
- General courtesy and safety are expected. Individuals responsible for the meeting must ensure that all attendees know where the fire exits are located.
- All three locations of the La Crosse Public Library facilities are smoke-free and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in any building.
- Animals (with the exception of service animals) may not be brought onto library premises unless a part of a library sponsored program.
- It is the responsibility of the user organization to comply with the provisions of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), including providing an interpreter, if requested. The meeting rooms at the North Library are not wheelchair accessible. Users of this space will have to navigate stairs.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be served in the library meeting rooms. If there are spills or stains to the carpet or furnishings of the room, the users may incur additional cleaning charges.
- The Main Library has a kitchenette that may be used if it is part of the original auditorium reservation. The space includes a refrigerator and sink. Users must provide their own utensils.
- Pre-made, box lunch, or catered food only. Crockpots are not permitted.
User organizations agree that they will comply with copyright laws and will secure necessary performance licenses for DVD/video showings and exempt the library for any failure to do so. 3
- The library does provide tables, chairs, etc. for meeting spaces; however, the library cannot provide room set up. Representative(s) of the group is responsible for any room set up and for returning the space to its standard set up following use.
- The library is not responsible for equipment or material owned by an organization and used in the library. Equipment and materials owned by others may not be stored at the library.
- No organization may list the address of any of the La Crosse Public Libraries as its official address without permission from the Library Director.
- There is no charge for the use of the equipment. Audiovisual media equipment available varies by meeting room and library location. Specific audiovisual equipment requests should be indicated at the time the room is reserved. Equipment availability must be confirmed by staff. o The library cannot provide operators for the equipment. If instruction is required for equipment operation, a representative of the group must set up an appointment with meeting room coordinator in advance.
- Damages to library equipment will assessed and charged accordingly.
Please call at least 24 hours in advance to cancel a meeting room reservation in order to avoid responsibility for payment.
Cleaning / Vacating the Rooms
- Users are required to clean and vacate rooms at the scheduled time. Time after closing for cleanup will not be allowed, so any use of the space must take that into account when scheduling. The same room may be used by several groups on one day and your cooperation is essential in providing clean, ready-to-use rooms for all parties.
- Users are required to clean up the meeting rooms spaces when they have finished using the space. Including kitchens, wiping down tables, vacuuming, etc.
- Users are required to break down any tables and chairs that were used.
- Users are required to shut down and secure any equipment that was used.
- All meeting rooms must be cleaned and vacated 15 minutes before closing time. Groups that fail to properly clean the space and vacate the room as required are subjected to an additional $100 fee.
- Non-profit organizations are subject to the same fees.
- Fees are to be paid the day of the meeting. Prepayment of meeting room charges are not accepted.
- Please direct the person responsible for making the payment to the circulation desk. Once paid, room access can be granted.
- The following are exempt from rental fees but donations to help offset meeting room costs are graciously accepted: o Meetings and events which are sponsored by the library in support of its mission and goals
- Sponsored by departments
- City-recognized neighborhood associations
- Non-profit organizations
- Agencies of the State of Wisconsin and the City and County of La Crosse
- Courses that require tuition or registration offered by established educational institutions may use the meeting space and collect fees as necessary.
For organizations that require purchase order billing, a $5.00 service charge will be added to the cost of the meeting room charge. Non-payment of fees will restrict future scheduling of meeting rooms until accounts are cleared.
La Crosse Public Library - Main-Auditorium
Max Seating: 100
$100/Half Day; $200/Day
La Crosse Public Library - Main-Trustees Room
Max Seating: 10
$25/Half Day; $50/Day
La Crosse Public Library - South-Conference Room
Max Seating: 30
La Crosse Public Library - North-Large Conference
Max Seating: 30
La Crosse Public Library - North-Small Conference
Max Seating: 12
If you require more information or clarification, contact the respective meeting room coordinators.
Reviewed and approved by Library Board, August 2021.